My Summary of Learning for Tech Class

Perhaps my biggest insight from this class is that technology and teaching has always been related and always will be. Whether it was the introduction of writing, printing, recording or the inter-web, new modes of communication always mean that teachers need to adapt. With this thought process, I realized ed-tech isn't limited to the Social Media world, but simply means teachers should use whatever they can to aid student learning.

I chose to use Google Slides for my summary artifact for a couple reasons. This type of slide deck is a pretty common app to use to prepare for a class. Since I've always used PowerPoint in my previous career, I've been trying to get better at Slides so I can make my personal comparisons.
Secondly, I wanted to explore how to embed the presentation in a blog. Looking forward, I plan to have some sort of home page for my classes. This will serve as a communication portal with the parents, but will also be a repository for teaching materials. If I use a slide deck in class, I want to make that available for kids that are absent or kids at home for a flipped class room style.
So, without further delay......

(Click the little triangle to play in the viewer. You can click through the slides, or they will auto play after a few seconds on each slide. Clicking on the hyperlinks takes you to some of my other posts reflecting on each topic.)







That was cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kahoot! - Cool Tool or Strange Sound from an Owl?

Cool Tool Review - Slidestory

Cool Tool Review - fotor. Uh, NO!