Cool Tool Review - fotor. Uh, NO!


Today I’m reviewing a photo editing tool, fotor, for my Cool Tool review. Unfortunately, this is the easiest review I’ve done. Right after we signed up for Cool Tools to review, I had a need for a photo editor. Thinking I’d be efficient, I figured I would try fotor out for my needs and for my review.
To use the app on my laptop, I needed to download it. That’s when the trouble started. In addition to the photo editing app, I got a browser and a security app – neither which I knew was coming or agreed to. As far as I’m concerned, that’s dirty pool. The first thing I did when I noticed these extra apps was to uninstall fotor. After I did that, the app asked for feedback as to why I was giving it the boot.  I filled out the form and told them it was because I found these other programs and if it wasn’t because of them, they should let me know and I’d try again.  That was about 6 weeks ago. I haven’t heard yet so I’m going on the assumption that the extra programs on my device came as malware ride-alongs from an app I wanted.  I couldn’t uninstall the unwanted browser, so I had to restore my device to a clean system. Instead of reviewing a photo editor, I spent a couple hours fixing my laptop.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not sure if any tool is worth being taken advantage of by the developer. Maybe fotor does some neat stuff – I’ll never know because I’m never going to try again. I would suggest you avoid it, too.



Comments

  1. What a bad experience. I will take fotor off any lists I provide so future students don't have the same experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kahoot! - Cool Tool or Strange Sound from an Owl?

Cool Tool Review - Slidestory